7.21.2012

Shabby Chic Dining Table

Once the new Guest/Study Room was built, I needed to do something with the dining room set that used to be there when it was a Dining Room.
I originally thought I'd like to fix it up a bit, paint it, reupholster the chairs, etc...but at the time I wasn't sure if I really wanted to put the time, money, and effort into it.
So after several weeks of having it posted on Craigslist, and it NOT selling, I decided to go with my original plan, and give it a facelift! =) 

There are 4 parts to this NEW Dining Room Set:

- Paint/Distress Table
- Paint/Distress China Cabinet
- Paint/Distress Chairs
- Reupholster Chairs

Every part is a bit time-consuming, time that I don't always have a lot of!  ha ha 
So TODAY I worked on the TABLE!!!


Here's the entire set:


Let's get started!!! =)

After 2 coats of Valspar white paint...
((since I'm distressing, I didn't need to make sure it was "perfect"))


I then took the table outside, and sanded down the top of the table. 
It originally had a glossy finish, and I wanted a more rustic finish.





This is after the top was sanded, I applied stain onto the legs, and scruffed it up a bit with sand paper...


And here it is NOW...




Here's a side-by-side view:


...and some close-up shots of the "distressing"...





After finishing this, and seeing what a BIG difference it made, I can't WAIT to start on the China Cabinet!  Stay tuned! =)

oooo - Jenny


1 comment: